Survival Spanish Program
This program is perfect for the travelers who don´t have time to take a break between adventures. Through this course, you will gain the basic language (and culture) skills you need to not only survive, but enjoy your time in Ecuador.
During your short time at the school, not only will you learn the basics of the language, but our faculty and staff will orient you to Ecuador so you will be prepared to explore our beautiful country on your own.
Options and Course content:
For travelers who really want to focus on learning the language in the classroom. The base program includes 4 hours of class per day, but many students decide to take more. The course content includes:
- Basic conversation skills to introduce yourself and get to know people
- Question words
- Basic structures that are useful in everyday life
- Verbs in present, past, and future
- Cultural content specific to Ecuador
- Materials to continue to study Spanish on your own
Study + Explore Program:
For travelers who want to put their classroom learning into practice and visit the city of Quito. Spend the mornings taking classes in the school, eat lunch at a local restaurant then leave on field trips with a teacher. The course includes everything listed in the Study program above, plus:
- Learn how to navegate the city via buses or taxis
- A certified Spanish teacher as a guide
- Options for excursions:
- Explore the Historic center
- Practice haggling and buying souvenirs at a local artesenal market
- Learn about the history of Quito and Ecuador at various Museums or an Ecological Park
- Take 2 hours of Salsa lessons from Ache dance studio
We recommend 2-5 days. The base programs include 4 hours per day of classroom lessons and the activities last from 3 to 4 hours per day.