Escape the classroom!
At Vida Verde we believe it is important that our students have the opportunity to experience everything that Ecuador has to offer. Therefore, every afternoon we offer activities around Quito and every weekend afternoon and excursions on the weekends for those who want to get outside the city. Our teachers will accompany and guide you during all of these activities. Not only will you gain a greater understanding of life in Ecuador, but your Spanish will grow through the variety of authentic experiences.
- Banco Central Cultural Museum (archaeological pieces, gold, pottery)
- Fundación Guayasamin (an art museum exhibiting the works of the renowned Ecuadorian artist Guayasamin)
- Casa de La Cultura (musical instruments, contemporary art, exhibits of traditional dresses)
- Mariscal Sucre Museum (dedicated to Mariscal Sucre)
- Museo de Ciencias Naturales (Museum of Natural Sciences)
- Iglesia Basilica (The Catholic cathedral)
- Convento de San Diego (the Convent of San Diego)
- San Francisco Monastery (one of the oldest churches in the Americas)
- Parque Carolina (a good place to watch games of soccer and basketball)
- Parque Metropolitano (network of hike-and-bike trails, scenic views of neighbouring valley)
- Parque El Ejido (art & craft market)
- Mercado Artesanal (products made by Ecuadorian artesans)
- Santa Clara (fruit and vegetable market with surprises)
- Mercado Central (Quito’s biggest market)